ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico – After winning the WAC Women’s Golf Championship, the NM State Women’s Golf Team heads north to Albuquerque to compete in the NCAA Regional Championships. The only team to represent New Mexico State, the Aggies have an edge over the competition after playing the UNM Championship Course earlier this season.
• NM State will make its seventh NCAA regional appearance in the past eight seasons after winning the WAC Tournament.
• The Albuquerque Regional is loaded with top teams from across the country. No. 2 Oregon, No. 11 Florida, No. 13 Texas and No. 23 Arizona all remain in the national top 25.
• Every member competing for the Aggies has played on the UNM Championship Course in the past calendar year.
• Valentina Origel will kick off competition for the Aggies at 8:55 a.m. Monday morning. Origel will be followed by Meiji Tungprapunvong, Arantza Armas Stenner, Alison Gastelumand Amelia McKee.
• On Monday, the Aggies will be paired with Sam Houston and Northern Arizona. At the WAC Women’s Golf Championship, the Aggies beat Sam Houston by three strokes.
• The Aggies will start the opening day of the regionals on the tenth hole. Louisville, North Texas and Oklahoma will also tee off at 8:55 a.m. on the first hole.