Fall season | Event four
Friday-Sunday, October 1-3 | 8:00 am start time every day | Tucson, Arizona | Lanelle Robson Tennis Center
Draws / Results
• For its last event of the fall season, the NM State tennis team is embarking on a trip to the Pac-12 country to compete in the Arizona Invitational. The three-day event is scheduled to take place at the Lanelle Robson Tennis Center Friday through Sunday, October 1-3.
• The action will start at 8:00 am each day.
• Five players from NM State – Gijs Akkermans, Corey clarke, Ryan Ford, Louis Menard and Martin simecek – make the Aggies one of the six teams that send players to Tucson. In addition to the State of NM, Arizona, Grand Canyon, New Mexico, Northern Arizona, and Mesa Community College have student-athletes participating in the three-day event.
• Two doubles draws – the red draw and the blue draw – will be played as well as four singles draws. These singles draw consists of the blue draw, the red draw, the white draw and the gray draw.
• Menard and Simecek have been placed in the red board where they will face the duo of Gonzaga, Arthus de la Bassetiere and Theo McDonald.
• Akkermans and Clarke are expected to join forces again and will be the Aggies’ other doubles team. They have been classified in the Blue Draw and will start their run at the Arizona Invitational by facing the Gonzaga duo of Pablo Gomez Galvan and Tom Hann.
• Two of the Aggies’ five singles contestants are in the 12-man gray board. Clarke will face Mikael Purne of northern Arizona in a first round match while Ford was placed against Andrew Hoffman of Mesa Community College.
• Menard is the Aggies’ only contender in the eight-man blue draw. He hopes to continue his strong fall season by starting with a first-round fight against Dominik Buzonics of northern Arizona.
• In the singles red board is Simecek who will face Gonzaga’s Oliver Andersson in one of four first round matches in that particular board.
• Eight individuals make up the field for the draw for white in singles. For NM State, Akkermans resides there and his first-round clash pits the Dutchman against Beto Carlon of Mesa Community College.
SINGLE NM STATUS RECORDS | FALL 2021
• Gijs Akkermans | 5-4
• Corey clarke | 5-5
• Ryan Ford | 2-4
• Louis Menard | 9-2
• Martin simecek | 5-6
NM STATE DOUBLE RECORDS | FALL 2021
• Gijs Akkermans/Corey clarke | 10-3
• Louis Menard/Martin simecek | 7-4
• Ryan Ford | 2-5
TO BE CONTINUED
• NM State’s four fall tournament roster is coming to an end after its run at the Arizona Invitational. From there, the Aggies will set their sights on their championship season, which begins in January 2022.
++ State NM ++