GAMES 3, 4: Oregon State (2-0) vs. Gonzaga (2-1)/New Mexico (0-3)
February 20, 2022 • 11:00 a.m. PT • Surprise, Arizona • Surprise Stadium
TBA/TBA vs. TBA/TBA
Oregon State plays two on Sunday to cap off its first weekend in Arizona. The Beavers will face Gonzaga at 11:00 a.m. PT (12:00 p.m. Arizona), followed by New Mexico at 4:00 p.m. PT (5:00 p.m. Arizona).
All games are broadcast on the Beaver Sports Network with a preview 30 minutes before the first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1 – FM (Medford, weekend games), KEX 1190-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games before 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games ).
Watch games online by visiting osubeavers.com and find the live stream on the Oregon State Baseball Schedule page. Games can be streamed through the Varsity Network, which is available for smartphone and tablet users. Download the free Varsity Network app for live games and archived broadcasts.
Matches will not be televised.
Games will be broadcast live by FloSports. Visit osubeavers.com and click on scheduled baseball for a direct link to the games. For more subscription information, visit FloSports.TV.
Live stats for the game can be accessed by clicking the live stats link located on the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com.
TJ Wheeler drove in three runs in his second game as a Beaver and Justin Boyd and Garret Forrester had two RBIs apiece as Oregon State’s No. 11 beat Gonzaga, 13-5, on Saturday at Surprise Stadium. The offense scored in five of its eight laps on Saturday, going five in the sixth and three more in the eighth. OSU also scored twice in the first and fourth innings.
• The 34 points in the first two games of the season are the highest in program history. That surpasses the 1935 and 1960 teams which totaled 33 in their first two games.
• It’s the first time OSU has scored in double digits in consecutive games to open a season since beating Nevada (12-4) and Arizona State (11-0) in 2006.
• The Beavers have scored 10 or more goals in three straight games to open a season only once in program history, in 1924.
• Oregon State had 34 runs on 30 hits and 22 walks in the first two games of the season.
• The Beavers are batting .400 as a team and have seven extra hits.
• The team’s on base percentage is .558 with a slugging percentage of .520.
• OSU is also 5 for 5 in stolen base attempts this season. Justin Boydwho stole two on Saturday, has three out of five.
• Justin Boyd (six games) and Jacob Melton (four games) are both on hitting streaks.
• OSU has had five interceptions so far. The 2021 Beavers stole their fifth base in Game 12.